An Opportunity Culture
Air Enterprises offers an exciting opportunity to join a growing company.
At Air Enterprises, we offer a competitive salary and benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, long & short term disability, life insurance, 401(k), vacation and sick/personal time.
CURRENT OPENINGS (Additional information listed below.)
- Plant Accountant (Streetsboro)
- Electrical Design Engineer (Akron)
Send cover letter and resume to HR@airenterprises.com.
1.) Job Title: Plant Accountant
This is a unique position in a multi plant organization. The position will provide a broad range of financial and operational analysis and insight into the plant operations. The position requires the ability to move from financial analysis to financial control process development to support the overall financial organization (located centrally) in the implementation and execution of systems and procedures at the plant level. The business environment is highly fluid and high growth necessitating an individual able to multi task, change direction, adapt to needs and requirements subject to frequent changes. There will be at times the need to develop and execute administrative tasks as the organization fluxes and develops. The position will interface across the organization from operations, accounting, sales, and engineering. The individual must be able to operate with general supervisory guidance and exercise judgment to the structure and nature of specific work tasks and be comfortable working at a detail level in the context of uncertainty.
The position will interface with the central accounting functions (AP, AR, cost, general ledger) working to adapt and develop plant level financial functions integrated into the overall ERP/financial system. This position requires working in an environment with deadlines and adherence to schedules.
Location: Streetsboro, Ohio Plant – Mission Critical Systems business unit
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a quantitative discipline eg, Finance, Accounting, Engineering
- In depth understanding of income statements, balance sheet and cash flows in a products manufacturing environment. In depth understanding of accounting operations in a fully integrated ERP system.
- 3-5 years working in various roles in an engineered products and manufacturing environment with plant level experience with operating procedures and systems or demonstrated knowledge base. Overall experience level is flexible.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel mandatory. The ability to learn to design SQL type or similar database queries is required, proven ability is a plus.
- EPICOR ERP experience is strongly desired, however other ERP/MRP systems such as SAP or Oracle will suffice.
- Construction Financial Management background would be helpful.
- Exempt position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and create daily and monthly reports of results
- Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations and sales reporting.
- Will include activities such as tracking contracts, purchase orders, terms and conditions on purchasing
- Will provide oversight on business transactions with subcontractors and vendors.
- Monitor subcontractor invoicing and payment, standard costs vs billing vs actual payment
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Review, Develop and enhance cycle counting or other inventory accuracy improvement methods.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code change.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Participate in business meetings, such as daily operations, sales forecasting, etc.
- Provide support the CFO to discuss production and costing issues.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Provide financial oversight of engineering change process integrating/evaluating impacts of design change on costs and expenses and developing procedures for management of these costs.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies.
- Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
- Provide Analytical reporting support as required. May include activities such as
- Review and analysis of budget to forecast
- Establish and measure metrics to assess improvements
- Provide cash flow input as required by the CFO
- Learn ERP reporting tools
2.) Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer (Akron)
As an Electrical Design Engineer you will be part of a cross functional team, using the latest technologies to provide innovative solutions to our clients. The major responsibility is to develop detailed electrical power, lighting and control designs for air handling solutions, panel builds and electrical skids per required specifications.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, has excellent communication skills, and a strong desire to be a team player with the ultimate goal of serving our customers.
Location: Akron, Ohio
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with 2-4 years of professional experience
- Additional experience in electrical systems installations and power distribution design is a plus
- Recent graduate with an internship experience in a related field to power distribution and electrical system design/installation are qualified candidates
- Proficient with AutoCAD, able to make drawings and review & oversee drawings done by others
- Basic computer skills, ability to use Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Project)
- Basic understanding of electrical power systems up to 600VAC
- Ability to read electrical controls drawings, PIDs, single line diagrams
- Familiar with panel design layout and point to point wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of UL/NEC regulations and requirements for electrical installations
- Hardware applications knowledge such as Tridium JACE controllers, Allen Bradley PLCs, JCI/Siemens hardware, IO modules, disconnects, circuit breaker and fuses, variable frequency drives, power distribution panels, air flow measuring devices, dampers and valves actuators
- Electrical Power calculation for equipment Full Load Amps, Minimum circuit Ampacity, and Maximum Overcurrent Protection
- Identify projects requirements by reviewing projects specification, technical drawings and as sold documents
- Develop electrical and control cabinets wiring diagram and layout including, motor starters, variable frequency drives, power supplies, grounding requirements, control wiring and inputs/outputs terminations
- Generate electrical layout drawings with construction details, conduit layout drawings and bill of materials
- Perform electrical design calculations to confirm electrical operation (circuit breaker sizing, fuse size, disconnect size, wire size, actuator size, etc.)
- Provide conduit/wiring selection and generate installation drawings
- Create electrical equipment Bill of Material (BOM) and packing list for factory and field built projects
- Provide Design Engineering department with feedback to improve quality of electrical design and lower costs
- Attend project kick off meeting and design review for critical information handoff and review
- Provide factory and field support during installation, and testing activities
- Participate if process improvement measures of the electrical department for wiring methods, electrical design and other procedures
- Ensure that unit as designed can be fabricated and will perform as required. This includes confirmation that all purchased equipment will perform over the expected operating range of electrical design conditions
- Develop RFQs for instrumentation and electrical equipment per specifications
- Support applications engineers with electrical calculations, quotes, and preliminary drawings.
- All other duties assigned
Send cover letter and resume to HR@airenterprises.com.
Employee profile : Kevin Jackson
Kevin Jackson been with Air Enterprises for over five years and envisions a long-term career with the company. He has risen through the ranks to become second-shift shipping lead, in charge of the shipping department during that shift. The department handles all of the company’s shipping needs, including ensuring that deliveries are scheduled and ready on time. After that experience, he moved into a Project Coordinator role in our Project Management Department.
We spoke with Jackson about what it’s like to work at Air Enterprises and how the dedication of the company’s employees helps ensure quality products.
Why did you want to work at Air Enterprises?
It’s a good company and provided a good opportunity. It has also been around a long time, for 48 years, and many of the employees have been here 20 and even 30-some years. I think that dedication says a lot about the company.
What do you like most about your job?
I really like the people at Air Enterprises. There isn’t anyone here I don’t get along with. Everyone has a good work ethic and is always ready to get the job done. There is no naysaying or complaining. Everybody does what they need to do to get the job done and create a quality product.
What sets Air Enterprises apart from other companies?
The way they treat their employees is definitely new to me, and something I hadn’t seen at other companies I worked for. At Air Enterprises, if you show hard work and diligence, they will recognize it. There is opportunity for advancement, and they offer paid time off when you need it.
They are also upfront, honest and open. They encourage us to ask questions, and if they don’t know the answer, they’ll get it for us. They keep us informed. We have monthly company meetings to go over the company’s finances, including losses and gains. We also have weekly meetings where we go over safety goals and daily meetings where we think of ways we can improve. Air Enterprises always asks for our ideas and solutions. We call it ‘bottom-up thinking.’
What is the workplace atmosphere like at Air Enterprises?
Everybody is dedicated to working together to get the job done. Nobody holds up the process. If I tell my employees to get something done, they do it immediately. If we need help from another department, people often drop what they’re doing to help, even the guys who have been here for 20 or 30 years.
Communication is big on the shop floor. If there’s a problem within a department, we work together to fix it. If the problem involves multiple departments, we get together to discuss it and set up a game plan.
How do you think the employee dedication you described translates to a better quality product?
Air Enterprises employees are proud of the way the company treats us. Even though the company went through hard times during the recession, it kept as many employees as possible. And when Bill Weber took over, he brought a lot of employees back.
We’re also proud of our product. It’s No. 1. We know we produce a quality product, and we want to ensure that we continue to produce a quality product. When you have a group working the best it is able, the product will definitely be the best it can be.
When you’re not working at Air Enterprises, where can we find you?
Usually at home with my fiancée. We enjoy hiking and traveling, and we went to Florida earlier this year to see family.